From wellness and preventive care to diagnostics and advanced surgical treatments, Willow River Veterinary Services in Charlottesville, Virginia, offers the full range of wellness and medical care to keep your pets happy and healthy.
Wellness and Preventive Care
Just as it is with you and your human family, annual physical exams and routine vaccinations are critical to your pets’ overall health. Often, our pets do not let us know they aren’t feeling well until a problem becomes severe—at which point it is more difficult and costly to treat.
The team at Willow River want to help you ensure your pet’s long and healthy life. Among the wellness services we provide are:
- A full physical exam, from nose to tail
- Vaccinations, including distemper, lyme, leptospirosis, Bordetella (kennel cough) and rabies for dogs, and distemper, rabies, and leukemia for cats
- Heartworm testing and prevention
- Lyme and other tick-transmitted disease screening
- Flea and tick prevention
- Dental cleaning as needed
- Blood, urine and fecal testing as appropriate
- State and international health certificates
- We also offer special treatment packages for puppies and seniors.
We offer in-house laboratory services including blood chemistries, heartworm antigen tests, tick-borne illnesses, fecal tests and urinalysis.
We also offer advanced in-house diagnostic imaging services, including digital x-ray and ultrasound.
Dr. Brad DiCarlo is an experienced surgeon and capable of performing advanced veterinary dental procedures. With nearly 20 years of experience, you can trust our team with all of your surgical needs, including:
- Spays and neuters
- Eye surgery
- Tumor removal
- Abdominal surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Bladder surgery
- Skin surgery
- Surgical dentistry
Dr. DiCarlo is the most intuitive diagnostician I've ever seen (human or animal docs) and is always willing to work with his patients to make sure that they're getting the best care.